Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Electrial wages

  1. #1
    Inactive Member doctordkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2004
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, everyone.
    I have been asked what are the hourly rates for Electricians?
    I would like to hear from someone at the oilsands as it would probably bee the most $
    also in Ontario, I have seen ads for licensed men at $ 14.00 an hour, I also suspect that this is an attemp from a immigrant owner to expedite his brother in law into the country,as if no canadian electricians will accept this, then he will be able to fofill the postion out of country.
    I have also heard that non union oilsands jobs as electricians is $30.00 and that union jobs are $42.00 with benifits food and lodgeing included.
    hope to hear from you soon

  2. #2
    Inactive Member t-tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2003
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been to the oil sands in Alberta and the industrial union rates are approx $33/hr plus benefits and the non union industrial rates are approx $32/hr plus benefits. I've been to B.C. and the going rate for J.Man electrician (residential/commercial) approx $21/hr . Oh but wait if your new to BC it's only $18/hr. I spoke with a fellow from the east coast(Nova Scotia) and the local rates are approx $16/hr. So it depends on the provincial/local economy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •